Old June 6th 07, 04:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Default Okay, the Giro is over, ...

On Jun 5, 10:00 pm, Colin Campbell wrote:
and I haven't read about any findings of doping yet.

I guess the drug labs used in the Giro aren't as capable of producing
positives as that one in Paris.

That's probably the case....

Or, maybe only clean riders ride in the Giro, due to the "piano" stages
that let them rest for hours on end.

Can you rest while riding 24 mph for 80 miles before the real racing
starts?

The average speed for the race was under 38 kph. That is a speed I can
almost comprehend, although I could never hope to reach it myself.

I dropped all of the "real" climbers on a recent ride while averaging
12 mph or less than 20 kph. 38 kph is an average speed of 23.5 mph
which would look good in a lot of crits, let alone 2000 miles of
racing.

Speeds in the TdF have been MUCH higher. I wonder if that will be true
this year?

Remember that this year's Giro set an average speed record. What does
that tell you about the people claiming that you have to dope to make
these super high speeds?