Old September 19th 18, 02:40 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Theodore Heise[_2_]

Default Continental Ultra Sport tires

Hi all,

I've used mostly Continental tires for over 20 years and nearly
100K miles of road riding. Recently I got a half dozen Ultra
Sports (700c x 25), and after putting a new on on the front
noticed a definite bounce as it rolls. I've tried three now, with
the same results. The wheel is very true and round, with no flat
spots.

This review includes a video that shows what miine look like:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-r...SIN=B00HPSCDBE

On top of that, they are damn hard to mount on the wheels! I've
met few tires I can't get onto the rim with just my hands, but
these are almost impossible to mount even with levers.

Is this a known problem with this model of tire? I've used the
Gand Prix and other models before--mabey have used the Ultra Sport
before, but don't keep close track.

Any suggestions are welcome.

--
Ted Heise West Lafayette, IN, USA