Old November 2nd 04, 03:03 AM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2004-11-02, Zilla penned:
Monique Y. Mudama wrote:
On 2004-11-02, Zilla penned:

To help you put your wheels on "just right", try the following... - Set
the bike on its wheels, with the QRs disengaged - Push down on the
handlebars (for front) or the seat (for rear) - While pushing down, lock
the appropriate QR

Works for me all the time.

How tall are you? Locking the QRs while pushing down on the handlebars
doesn't sound all that easy from here (but I can't test it, anyway, because
of my wrist).

Have Eric, or someone else help. I'm 5'7" and I somehow manage. You don't
have to push down hard, just enough to sit the QR even on each end.

No thanks. I'd rather keep using my method than require someone else around
just so I can ride my bike squeak-free.

..... For that matter, I'm not sure why pushing on both sides of the skewer
while the bike's upside down wouldn't have the same effect?

--
monique

"Get a bicycle. You will not regret it, if you live."
-- Mark Twain