Old July 29th 07, 04:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Meg Worley

Default and the purple jersey goes to...

If there were a jersey for Liggettism, it would of course be purple.
As I write, there are 20km left to go, but the leader for the Maillot
Violet already has a big enough lead that he can't be caught.

And the winner is Al Trautwig, speaking of Levi's TT:
"When he lit up the road, it was lights out!"

Congratulations, Al. Phil, Paul, Bobke, you are fine competitors --
better luck next year.

(Good thing no one got ejected for illegal consultation of Merriam-
Webster. We fans can only handle so much.)

Rage away,

meg

--

Meg Worley _._ _._ Comparatively Literate