Old May 23rd 08, 06:40 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
James Thomson

Default Half Step and Granny - which front derailleur?

a écrit:

I have a Shimano Deore FD with a sticker saying
"for half step". This is 80s vintage, from when Deore
was also a touring group, and originally on a Cannondale
with 50-45-28 chainrings. It has an essentially flat
inner plate, that hangs down a little more than a
road double FD of the 80s, but not nearly as much
as modern triple derailleurs.

Thanks. I've never actually seen one of these units close up - though I
recall "alpine" and "half-step" versions, and the Biopace half-step gears
that touring Cannondales once came with. Do you happen to know the part
number? Could you point me to a picture?

Thanks.

James Thomson