Old June 24th 11, 07:17 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Geoff Lock[_2_]

Default The use of a woolen scarf in cycling

Stuffed if I know what others do with their woolen scarves in cycling
but I use my woolen scarf to keep the neck and the front of my torso
warm during these past few days of slightly cooler weather.

A warmer body core temperature during the start of a 3am ride is nice
even if I do heat up considerably, to dispense with the scarf wrapping,
within 10-15 mins of cycling.

My crappy Adidas wind cheater holds the scarf all nicely tucked in, long
enough to get me started and by the time the nice scarf wrapping which I
started with, falls apart, due to a 60-90 plus cadence, I am
sufficiently warmed up to continue my journey

I like my woolen scarf during times like these