Old April 30th 05, 07:29 AM
bbaka

Rich wrote:
bbaka wrote:

The other incident was similar last Monday when I went from pavement
to dirt at maybe 25 or 30 MPH

Or maybe 10 or 11 MPH.

Definitely faster. Fast enough on pavement but my mind did not switch to
dirt mode fast enough. I was coming down a maybe 10% downhill on the
pavement and it just did a sudden break into the dirt/gravel mix. Damn
near knocked my fillings out.
If you ever get a capable bike I will post the exact route and you can
try riding it and get a little humility going.
I have had serious motorcycle road rash at 80 MPH so a little 25 MPH
road rash is not going to slow me down except for those damn jagged rocks.
Bill Baka