Old January 23rd 06, 02:32 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Default Freewheel/chain

"Tom" wrote in message
citizen142 wrote:

So here is the question - can anyone point me to a 6 speed freewheel
block and the appropriate chain that will run on a 48/38/28?

The cheapest 6 speed freewheel I could find was £4.99 for a shimano
megarange at
http://www.bikecare.co.uk/clearance.html

Wiggle have other 6 speeds from £10 to £14 and have LG-50 7/8 speed chain
for £5.99 (which will fit just fine, it's just a little narrower on the
outside) or the connex 800 chain which is supposed to outlast other chains
of the same price by a factor of three for £7.99

Any idea if a megarange block would fit on an old Raleigh Banana with Sachs
derailleurs?