Old April 25th 08, 08:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Heads up on those $13 Nashbar Paselas

MOST bike tires are optimistically labelled!!!! I bought Conti
Contact in 32 and they are at most 28. Top Touring @ 37 are maybe
35. Panaracer Urban max are uner size as well. Why cant they just
label themhonestly!!!!!!

On Apr 24, 9:41*pm, landotter wrote:
I got some 32s as I've heard mixed info on them being true to size,
but they measure exactly 32mm on Alex Ace 19s, which are about the
same dimension as CR18s. So a little bigger than I expected, but
what's not to like? Others might have clearance issues. No ridge on
the 32s now, so nice smooth cornering. I'd forgotten how nicely made
and classy these are.

I've heard complaints about bead blow outs on these and indeed I had
one as I brought my rear up to pressure, despite visual vigilance--
turns out to just be the bead not seating due to the tires being
folded for shipping. The quality is Japanese and flawless as usual.