Old August 16th 06, 12:00 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
elyob

Default The anti Helmet on this news group

"gareth price" wrote in message
Are they roadies or mountain bikers? It's just the within the MTB
community the wearing of helmets there is no debate just everyone wears
them and I don't know what the roadie opinion is.

Anti-compulsion across the board. That's it.

If you want to take part in a race, you have to wear one.

If you are hacking down unfamiliar countryside, it's your choice.

If you are popping to pick up some eggs and milk, it's your choice. I'd call
it overkill.

This is the debate that makes cyclists look like pedants. And we're not,
mostly.

It is not neccesary to wear one every time you ride a bike.