Old July 20th 03, 06:18 PM
Just zis Guy, you know?

Default TdF (no spoilers)

Garry Broad wrote:

It seems to me that all the other top riders are more
concerned with only *stopping* him than actually 'going for it'

The fact is that in order to win the Tour you have to beat the Texan.
The fact that he is a strong favourite to win, and an awesome force on a
bike, makes it much easier to focus on "beat Lance" than a nebulous "win
the Tour" I suppose - the tactics this year have not favoured him, for
sure, but he does seem to be keeping his cool. Whether he's keeping
something in reserve for the Pyrenees we'll just have to wait and see.
He hasn't produced any of his dazzling sprints up slopes like the side
of a house this year so far.

Guy