Old July 21st 03, 12:31 AM
Jim Price

Default TdF (no spoilers)

elyob wrote:

I reckon tomorrow and Wednesday are the big days, after that it's all flat.

If there aren't any big gains/losses in the next two days, the time
trial on Saturday becomes the big day.

It's the first one I have really watched thoroughly absorbed. I want Lance
to win, but also Ullrich and Vido would also be worthy winners. Five times
is special though.

Its the best one for me so far since Lemond beat Fignon by 8 seconds on
the last day - a time trial to the finish line in Paris. For me,
Armstong's potential achievment of a fifth win somehow needs to be
supplemented by maybe winning one of the other competitions as well for
me to place him high up within the increasing band of cyclists who have
managed 5. Perhaps if he did something like break the hour record, I
might also be more impressed, but he does seem to concentrate on the
single goal of winning the TdF. Now he's getting some real competition
for that, I agree its exciting stuff.

My prediction is Vino in yellow coming out of the mountains (by
seconds), and Ulrich to win it on the time trial. If Lance wins it, it
will be hard fought and very well deserved, though.

--
Jim Price

http://www.jimprice.dsl.pipex.com