Old September 30th 18, 12:13 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Emanuel Berg[_2_]

Default hex entry at the back of pedal

jbeattie wrote:

I'm not sure if I'm following, but all you do
is put an 8mm hex socket on your torque
wrench.
https://images.homedepot-static.com/...77-64_1000.jpg
Or buy an el-cheapo 8mm pedal wrench and just
give it a good hard push.

Right, that's a much better idea than the open
end spanner approach.

Maybe others have a more scientific approach.

Well, not me, I never thought of pedals in
terms of torque before David Scheidt mentioned
35-40nm, but it can be fun to do. When I did
the single speed steel bikes I always used the
torque wrench to put the wheel axle dome nuts
in 28-32nm, because that was what Shimano
recommended for their coaster brakes. I never
met anyone else who bothered, but I thought the
torque wrench (with deep weel sockets, 14 or
15mm) was just an interesting tool

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573