Old January 22nd 04, 12:58 PM
Colin Blackburn

Default Racks

On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 12:01:46 +0000 (UTC), Sam Salt
wrote:

What's the bees knees in rear racks these days.Tubus,Bor Yeuh,anything
else
that folks can recommend.I was looking at a Tubus model ( The Logo )
http://www.kinetics.org.uk/html/tubus_racks.html

on which the panniers fit on a lower bar presumably making the bike more
stable.Anyone any comments as they are quite a price ( £70 ).

I have a Bor Yeuh rack on my tourer which is good but it was a bugger
getting the Karrimor pannier disks on as the tube thickness was at the
upper limit. Definitely worth ckecking that your existing panniers will
fit easily.

The other advantage I can see for the Logo rack for my panniers is that it
will take the tops of the panniers below the top of the rack, that means I
can fit a rack pack more easily or stick something on the rack which
sticks out sideways (the Karrimor panniers rise above my rack and make
this difficult.)

Colin