Old October 5th 07, 09:36 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave Larrington

Default How to best handle threatening behavior from the local teenagers?

In ps.com,
Duncan Smith tweaked the Babbage-Engine to tell
us:
Over the last half year, while cycling home at night the local kids
have been displaying threatening behavior on average about once a
month. So far this has been:

Wait until you are dead level, then quite suddenly jumping out into
the road, shouting and waving at the top of their voices - presumably
an attempt to make you fall off?

Shouting abuse - you fat/flash? b*stard and other profanities - a
reference to blinking cat-eyes?

As above, but also throwing a well aimed bottle at your head.

I think it's probably different kids in slightly different locations
each time. So far I've kept a non-confrontational approach and just
ignored it.

Do other people get the same problem, should I react/fight back,
report to police, or just continue to ignore? Maybe it would help to
look less conspicuous - remove hi-viz, hats and turn off lights before
the town centre?

Take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

--
Dave Larrington
http://www.legslarry.beerdrinkers.co.uk