Old July 12th 03, 03:11 PM
Me

Default Eggbeater pedal clicing question...

Hi, I have the origional version of CrankBros Eggbeater (ie not the Ti or
the Look version) pedals which are about 3 months old now.

The left pedal starting clicking a couple weeks ago whenever I put weight
on it. At first I thought it was my BB so I tightend that, Then I thought it
was my crank, so I tightened that. Then I thought it was my cleats, but when
I push down on the pedal clipped out using my heal, it still clicks. Then I
replaced my pedal with an old SPD and guess what no clicking.

So I took the pedal apart (easy, one bolt) put new grease in and tightened
it up. This stopped it clicking for about a half an hours ride.

Now whenever I tighten up the little bolt, I can keep it clicking for about
15 minutes but then it starts again.

I've written to crankbros and they were helpful and said I could just send
em the pedal and they would sort it out for me, unfortunatley, I'm living in
the UK for the next year so its a little difficult.

Anyone have any tips on sorting out eggbeaters? Would the eggbeater rebuild
kit help? If so, think I could go for more than 3 months before having to do
it again?

I love the pedals and hope someone can give me some tech info on how to
eliminated that most annoying of clicks!

cheers