Old March 22nd 18, 01:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

Default Bicycle bottle diameters, why different?

On 3/22/2018 5:48 AM, Duane wrote:

Tires on the other hand are getting ridiculous.Â* I can get a pair of
Conti GP4000s from ChainReactionCycles for the price of one tire locally.

The margins on tires of all kinds are huge. It's like mattresses. So
there's a lot of room for discounting.

But the bigger issue is actually finding the tires you want in stock.
Jay has two large shops near him, as well as the Biketiresdirect pick-up
option. For most of us, it would mean a lot of driving around or calling
around to find the tires we wanted, and then paying 2x the price. Not
the shop's fault, you can't expect a shop to stock hundreds of sizes and
brands of tires.