Old October 20th 04, 04:50 PM
Badger_South

On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 10:17:10 -0400, "Roger Zoul"
wrote:

That's so very true! And not blowing up is tricky too, because you might not
blow up on this hill, but on one that comes along many miles later. The
affects of climbing a lot of hills on a long ride can be cumulative. I
would offer that highing in a high gear (low cadence) on a lot of hills
will hasten the point of "blowing up". Also, riding hills at *very* high
cadence would probably do the same thing.

My 'goal' is to be able to attack a hill by shifting gears within the body,
which I can do on false flats, but not on hills at this time.

What are the characteristics of blowing up? Guess I'll know it when it
happens, lol.

-B