Old August 15th 04, 01:14 AM
onewheeldave

Cheers for the replies

Mike- I've had a few good inspections of the rim and tyre and found
nothing, but if it happens again I'll take everything apart at home and
give it a good going over.

I do wonder if there is a problem with the tyre- it is pretty old. I'm
tempted to go back to my old 45 mm before buying another 29-er tyre and
see if that results in no punctures.

Joe- my tyre is a Notos, not a Big apple, but you're right, I shouldn't
be getting this many punctures.

--------------

I found this on the web, it's got some of the usual ideas plus a couple
I've not heard befo -

http://tinyurl.com/55su4

(summary of the article is 'Wide rim + chalk in tyre + Duck tape rim
strip = happiness')

The chalk idea is interesting because I used to do a similar thing with
talcum power sprayed liberally in the tyre of my muni; for a different
reason- my valve kept going to a 45 degree angle after a bit of riding
and I was told that talc would stop it by providing lubrication for the
inner. Punctures on my muni are very rare and I wonder if this could be
due to the talc.

I have noticed on 29-er that the inner does actually stick to the tyre,
so maybe chalk dust, as the article suggests, would help.

One good thing about this is that I'm getting good at fixing punctures

--
onewheeldave - Semi Skilled Unicyclist

"He's also been known to indulge in a spot of flame juggling - but it's
the Muni that really fires him up."

onewheeldave's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/874