Old August 19th 08, 03:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ted van de Weteringe

Default Australia and Gt Britain - cycling

Uncle Dave schreef:
have said Wiggins was too tired but that's an excuse - you knew they
were out of their depth when the sprinter (Cavendish) slung in the
stayer (Wiggins) half way down the back straight in a sprint lap
FFS!!!

It could have been tactical, to take advantage of the slowdown after the
sprint to take a lap. But I think it just was unfortunate timing, how
the race goes. Did any of the couples miss a relay ever? I know it
sometimes happens in sixes, even on purpose for tactical reasons, but
perhaps in this one-chance event the pressure is more constant and
couples can't afford to miss one.