Old August 22nd 16, 01:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default ...jailed after causing the death of grandmother in city centre

On 8/21/2016 7:12 PM, John B. wrote:
On Sun, 21 Aug 2016 10:53:55 -0500, "W. Wesley Groleau"
wrote:

On 08-21-2016 05:02, wrote:
a small selection of real stories here if you're interested. getting killed by a cyclist on the footpath in uk is almost unheard of , by a motor on the footpath about 10 per year last time I looked

I presume you don't think rarity
justifies the ridiculously light sentence.

Ah, but you see penalties in law are normally based on how the society
views the seriousness of the crime.

Treason has, historically, met with extraordinarily severe punishment,
because it threatened the security of the state.

my how things have changed, "at this point what difference
does it make?"

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/