Old June 10th 09, 05:40 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Amit Ghosh

Default Team director Serge Parsani was surprised at the news.

On Jun 9, 5:22*pm, wrote:

If everyone believed completely in the control process, maybe you can
seriously suspect a rider for not signing that clause. Considering the
way that they are now looking for secondary and tertiary paths to
imposing sanctions, I would need a better trigger than a sanction
being imposed before I signed that addendum.

dumbass,

the problem with that concept (riders paying a massive fine for an
offense) is the unintended consequence.

assuming a rider would pay such a massive fine - it becomes profitable
for the team to have riders test positive.