Old December 15th 18, 09:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

Default SKS RENNKOMPRESSOR: A superior, recommended floor pump

On Saturday, December 15, 2018 at 3:04:35 PM UTC, wrote:
I am a fan of the Rennkompressor / Zefal Husky as well.

A while back, I posted the information below on Bikeforums.net

I am a big fan of the SKS Rennkompressor which is about $55. Made in Germany, cast iron base, leather pump cup, parts available. Was also sold for many years as the Zefal Husky. They have used several different pump heads over the years but the old style and simplest one that comes with a presta adapter on a chain is, in my opinion, the best. I have several of them but I also have an use a variety of Blackburn and Bontrager floor pumps that get the job done as well. I've put SKS pumps in the hands of my kids, brother, at my dad's house and my cycling partners so I know there's a working pump.. Silcas are durable pumps but overpriced since the company was purchased and moved to USA to become a boutique brand. No longer produced but sold under many brands was the Medai Top Super which was made in Japan. SKS, Silca, Medai all use leather pump cups, whereas most pumps use O-rings. If you're not in a hurry, I'd look around for a used SKS Rennkompressor, Zefal Husky, Medai Top Super or, if you're a presta only person, a Silca. You may have to invest a bit of time and effort into a hose and head but you'll have a good heavy duty pump.

SKS info
https://www.sks-germany.com/en/products/rennkompressor/
Medai Info
http://www.bikepro.com/products/pumps/medai.html