Old October 19th 20, 07:02 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
WCC Jules

Default Does anybody make 37-630 tires?

On Saturday, September 23, 2017 at 11:19:23 PM UTC-4, bob prohaska wrote:
I just ordered some Kenda tires for my old Cannondale in
size 27 x 1 3/8 inch. The goal was to obtain a somewhat
softer ride on the very rough pavement in my area.

When the tires showed up they were marked as expected,
but are only about 27 mm wide, or slightly _under_ an
inch and an eighth.

Does anybody still make road-style 27 inches tires in
wider sizes? The best I have found is 27 by one and a
quarter, and that's nominal; I haven't measured them.

Thanks for reading,

bob prohaska

I bought 1 3/8 Kenda tires. A little squeeze past the brakes pads but ok. What is weird is they do not sit straight on the rim. Wobble from side to side. Uneven roundness. Junk.
Brian