Old April 4th 06, 03:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc

Default Standing + Big Gears Always = Knee Problems?

Per Steve Sr.:
So here I am sitting by the computer with my knee wrapped in an ice
pack.

Go easy. Back off. Your body will become less insult-tolerant with every year
and there's no sense insulting it any more than you have to.

You'll hear about of people who keep on pushing and pushing with apparent
invulnerability - but the reason you hear about them is that they're still in
the game. The ones who inflicted unrecoverable injuries on themselves just
quietly fade out as they are forced to seek other activities.

I don't have any idea what the percentages are either way, but it doesn't really
matter: if something's bothering your particular bod, that's all that matters.
If you can find a specific cause/solution, go for it... but don't figure on
gutting it out.

Also, if an orthopod suggests a surgical "fix", I'd do some homework on long
term outcomes. I know too many people who had, for instance, an offending
meniscus removed; went back to running; and wound up *really* messed up five
years later.
--
PeteCresswell