N8N[_2_]
external usenet poster

Default Buy that wheelbuilder a drink!

On Sunday, October 21, 2018 at 8:26:40 PM UTC-4, AMuzi wrote:
On 10/21/2018 7:22 PM, N8N wrote:
On Tuesday, September 25, 2018 at 8:06:01 PM UTC-4, AMuzi wrote:
https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1/2018/09/...7819759698.jpg

Nice job!

Wow, I just dropped by after literally years of absence and I still see familiar names... in any case those look like Velocity Deep-Vs and I can vouch for their strength. Still have a pair on my Cannondale; they replaced the original Gipiemme wheels which had an odd spoke pattern that made trueing, um, problematic. The latter are stored away in case I ever sell the bike but at this point it's probably scrap value although it still rides fine.

Welcome back! See you on r.a.t. later?

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

Hah... maybe.

I have had a lot of, um, life challenges the past few years. I was retrieving some of my tools from my storage locker so hopefully I can fix my car so that it'll stop throwing a CEL. Stopped to pick up some Metro shelving off Craigslist to organize said tools and seller was trueing a wheel off an old Trek MTB in his driveway so we of course ended up chatting I almost grabbed my trueing stand and would have had it in the back of the Heep if I had, but I didn't. I was actually searching here to see if I could determine if the old SON dynohub I have stashed away was 32 or 36 hole but I guess that will wait until I find that box. I was going to pass it onto him if he could use it because I don't need it.

Sadly, I haven't done any kind of real car work other than maintenance in close to 10 years. Same for bikes, my Trek 620 build was the last "real work" I've done.

nate
Ads

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home