Old January 9th 09, 09:27 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
jtrops

Default How to remove anodizing (rims/cranks) / Polishing aul. to mirror finish.

To be honest it has been at least 25 years since I have removed
anodizing from aluminum, so the details are a little fuzzy.

I did a quick web search on oven cleaner anodizing removal and found
this thread in a different formum:
http://www.finishing.com/2000-2199/2076.shtml

It has a few good pointers, and a couple of different ideas about
chemical removal of anodizing.

I had good luck witht the oven cleaner, and polished the aluminum to a
mirror finish. Apparently it was really luck more than anything. The
posts in that form lead me to believe that getting a good finish with
oven cleaner is very difficult.

--
jtrops