Old January 27th 18, 09:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ian Field

Default bike shedding most boring trend

"AMuzi" wrote in message
news
On 1/26/2018 2:21 PM, Ian Field wrote:

"Ralph Barone" wrote in message
news
Ian Field wrote:

"Emanuel Berg" wrote in message
Here Is the BMC Teammachine SLR01 Disc [1]
which is an example of what I have seen many
times now in the "cycling press", and that is
to have the frame in one (and only one) bright
color, and then everything else in gray or most
often black!

Very ugly IMO. Black is the most boring and
depressing color which is why kids are afraid
of the dark and people wear black at funerals.

Motorcycle accident statistics hint that a black
motorcycle with rider in
black leathers is less likely to get a SMIDSY.

Cant remember having seen a black bicycle - so there
probably isn't any
data.

Sure, if the leathers have "Hell's Angels" emblazoned
across the back,
otherwise I'm not so sure about that factoid.

You've probably nailed it - but a motorcyclist can be
adequately sinister without being a member of anything.

Safety in numbers doesn't always work either - there are
clips of motorcyclists out on a run getting rammed by some
nutter in a SUV.

or a group of bicyclists under a pickup:
http://www.wzzm13.com/news/local/kal...ists/235907309

or a rental box truck:
https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...icle-1.3602094

One of our customers, an old friend, was riding just in front of that
mayhem, inches from death. The tourist he had just passed was killed.

I suspect motorcyclists probably get more attempted or actual murder, but
there's clips out there of cyclists being deliberately run down.

Both get mostly general ****wittery on the part of drivers.