Old October 8th 08, 02:13 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jay Beattie

Default Who are the guys behind Eddy Merckx in this photo?

On Oct 7, 2:50*pm, "James Thomson" wrote:
"Jay Beattie" a écrit:

I think it's Herman VanSpringel in white.
http://www.cyclingwebsite.net/coureu...coureurid=7840
He was the 1973 points leader and a Molteni rider -- and if
you look at his bike, you can see it is another Molteni Orange
machine

or is it an orange BIC Motobecane?

http://www.dewielersite.net/db2/wiel...?beeldid=35151

http://i16.ebayimg.com/05/i/001/01/ea/e2dc_12.JPG

In any case, that's definitely Martinez over on the left:

http://www.dewielersite.net/db2/wiel...?beeldid=24356

James Thomson

I think you are right -- now that I see the enlarged picture. It
looks like the following rider is wearing a Bic jersey -- what year
did Ocana have the white jersey? It also makes sense to show the two
together considering their legendary rivalry. So much for my forensic
bicycle picture evaluation -- but it does help a lot to have an
enlargement. -- Jay Beattie.