Old March 26th 09, 06:10 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Edward Dolan

Default Sea to Shining Sea Support

"Jeff Grippe" wrote in message
m...

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message
news:T7OdnbdU5aTcAlbUnZ2dnUVZ_qPinZ2d@prairiewave. com...

[...]
I can appreciate an active music scene (provided it is mostly classical
music), but if cost of living doesn't matter, I would just as soon live
in a nice large apartment on the Upper East Side of Manhattan. When you
get to be my age, cycling becomes quite unimportant.

Even if cycling is unimportant, for me, climate isn't. I need warm and
dry. NY is cold and wet and besides, I hate the upper east side. You
couldn't pay me to live in Manhattan anymore.

I don't think New Yorkers (the kind that live on the Upper East Side) are
much into anything out of doors. They only come out of their dwellings at
night in order to take in shows and other cultural entertainments. Their
whole idea of nature is Central Park.

I suspect Jeff is West Side (West End Ave. no doubt). It is still an
impressive area, but it has seen better days. Even back in the 60's, it was
getting run down. Again, if money is no object, why not live at the Waldorf
Astoria like Nixon did, although the Plaza is better located.

When I last lived in New York City (Brooklyn), I was never even conscious of
the weather. The TV stations here in Minnesota sometimes spend 10 minutes on
the weather. In New York City the weather was hardly even mentioned on the
local TV stations. Why bother since everyone is always indoors anyway except
for brief scurries for taxis or to the subway stations.
[...]

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka