Old March 9th 15, 08:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

Default Zefal Deluxe LED Light, 180 Lumens, Spot/Flood Zoom, Two-AxisMount. $21.96, includes tail light.

On 2015-03-09 1:20 PM, Andre Jute wrote:
Nuts to "religious chain cleaning". My current KMC X8.93 has 3500km
on it and has never been cleaned. Not once. Nor has it ever been
oiled or greased or sprayed or whatever. It has had zero nil nada
maintenance. After 3500km it still runs on the factory lube. It shows
no visible evidence of wear. I expect it, perhaps, to start showing
signs of wear at around 4500km (the previous KMC X8 made 4506km
before being replaced when I fitted a new crankset). See
http://www.thorncycles.co.uk/forums/...p?topic=6813.0 for how I
managed this extraordinary feat.

Ya well, not everyone has a Rohloff gear box. With the classic derailers
this does not work. At least not out he

http://www.analogconsultants.com/ng/bike/CoachLane1.JPG

"Hey, where's Johnny?" ... "See that plume over yonder? He's about half
a mile behind us".

The KMC factory lube lasts about 200 miles, then the chain begins to
scream for maintenance.

Regards,

Joerg

--