Old July 28th 06, 03:30 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
R Brickston

Default buy n sell bikes for cheap

On Fri, 28 Jul 2006 01:27:00 +0000 (UTC),
wrote:

Gooserider wrote:

chk this out.... best place to bye bikes online.......

You looze. I seriously doubt that anybody on this group would be fool
enough to buy a bike they couldn't test-ride.

Yeah, because nobody on r.b.m. ever bought a bike off of eBay.

Can't tell if you have sarcasm mode toggled on or off, but I'll add a
bit in either case.
Seems like it's about once a month someone puts a post on this NG
saying that they're looking for a bike, describing their budget and
intended riding style, and asking for advice as to what to buy. The
denizens of the group invariably respond with a flurry of replies, ranging
from the helpful to the downright arcane. At least a third of them,
though, urge the prospective buyer to test ride, test ride, and test ride.
One eloquent poster recently commented that, "you don't choose the bike,
the bike chooses you."
After all those threads, I suppose it might be that there still
r.b.m'ers who have bought bikes through eBay or otherwise online. If
there are, though, I'm very surprised.

Bill

__o | REALLY support the troops
_`\(,_ | Ride a bicycle!

How many different ways can a Trek 520 in X inches fit?