Old March 2nd 11, 02:04 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Edward Dolan

Default What Right-Wing Governance Does For Cycling

"Tēm ShermĒn™ °_°" " wrote in
message ...
See http://www.bikeiowa.com/asp/hotnews/newsdisplay.asp?NewsID=4894.

Remember to thank the budget priorities of upper class tax cuts and
subsidies, when your favorite rural riding routes change from pavement to
road bike unfriendly aggregate surfacing.

I think Minnesota has more miles of roads to maintain than almost any other
state. If and when we return some asphalt roads to gravel roads, it just
means that vehicles will have to go slower which will not to be such a bad
thing. As far a cycling is concerned, I NEVER see cyclists doing any riding
on rural roads. Cycling is best restricted to urban areas anyway.

As for raising taxes to pay for ever more and better roads, forget about it.
The states and counties are all going broke just like the federal
government. Everyone is already paying more than enough taxes. The solution
to all our problems is to stop the spending and to learn to get along on
less. What we spend on education is especially a boondoggle. Yea, tighten
the belt and welcome deprivation. It is good for the soul!

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka