Old January 13th 05, 02:44 PM
Davidm

Default Australian Summer Holidays

"doug thomas" wrote in message
My wife and I have not heard from a friend of hers who was over here on a
teaching exchange 2 years ago.She teaches in Australia and was last in
India on December 23rd. Can you tell me when the Australian summer holiday
ends so I can know when to really start worrying, as we have not got an
e-mail from her for a while.

The end of January. I think school goes back on 31st. I hope your friend is
OK, I'm sure she will as Australians were in the scheme of things not
severely affected. However there are some links that might help you confirm
your friends safety at http://www.seven.com.au/news/tsunami_missing

Cheers
David M