Old April 1st 06, 02:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Default LED headlight problem solved

Ron Hardin wrote:
Adding a head-mounted LED

http://www.llbean.com/webapp/wcs/sto...atalog_ id=BV

(you will have to cut and paste the split line, or go to www.llbean.com , search BV49775 ) $35

to a see-me light on the handlebars solves the weak illumination problem

This one happens to fit underneath my old Bell helmet okay, if I wear the helmet a little
high in the front.

Being able to put the light where you want from instant to instant overcomes the missing
illumination feeling that LEDs give you, even running on low (it says 40h on its 3 AAA's).

I'm able to run with one LED on the handlebars for a see-me and work the headlamp
for complete comfort.

Aside from that, it's the world's greatest invention, putting light wherever you walk
when the power goes out in the house.

The LLBean version has a continuously adjustable angle.

Campmor has the same light with a click-stop thingy

http://www.campmor.com/webapp/wcs/st...rtNumber=55943

same price. I can't say which is better, but it's a nice technology. Campmor
tends to have things in stock where LLBean is always backordered.

The only problem that may exist is a legal issue. Here in Florida (may
part anyway) it's illegal to have a light on your head. I don't
understand it. But someone I know has been stopped and ticketed for
using such a light.

Ken
--
A bicycle does get you there and more.... And there is always the thin
edge of danger to keep you alert and comfortably apprehensive. Dogs

Homepage: http://www.bikesandmoreonline.com/