Old April 1st 06, 05:05 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Default LED headlight problem solved

On Sat, 01 Apr 2006 08:09:26 -0500, "Ken C. M."
wrote:

The only problem that may exist is a legal issue. Here in Florida (may
part anyway) it's illegal to have a light on your head. I don't
understand it. But someone I know has been stopped and ticketed for
using such a light.

During a power outage,my wife was wearing one of those. Every time I
spoke or moved, she would instinctively track me, and blind me.
Now imagine driving, walking, or cycling at night when the rider is
wearing one of those.
Instinctive scanning movements cause the light to aim all about, and
centering often on an object of interest...a pedestrian, oncoming
cyclist, cager, etc. At the very least it is annoying, and worse, can
disrupt someone's night vision temporarily. The concept is great, but
I see no solution for preventing the effect, after several hours with
someone wearing on.