Old September 25th 17, 12:10 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
David Scheidt

Default Build it and they won't come

AMuzi wrote:
:On 9/24/2017 8:48 AM, David Scheidt wrote:
: AMuzi wrote:
:
: :http://theexpiredmeter.com/2008/09/p...ng-in-chicago/
:
:
: That's horribly out of date. All of the fines and fees have gone up,
: but the restrictions on parking non-commerical trucks on residential
: streets is gone.
:
:
:

:Thanks for that. I know a little about this from customers
:and relatives in The City That Doesn't Work but that link
:was all I could find in a quick search.

In my experience, most people parking illegally have made an economic
decision that the risk of getting caught is small enough that it's
cheaper to take it than to pay for legal parking. And given that I
could write 20 parking tickets on my ride to work, every day, they're
probably right.

--
sig 86