Old October 7th 17, 05:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default Rotor material?

On 10/7/2017 11:29 AM, AMuzi wrote:

p.s. Almost all skewers need lubrication. They are frequently sticky
binding and inefficient, giving low clamping force with firm hand pressure.

Yep. Almost every time I ride my touring bike, I leave right from my
house, instead of tossing it into or onto a car. So I hadn't had the
front wheel out for many months.

A few days ago, I had to load it into a car. I almost couldn't get the
front quick release to open. It took three tries and all my strength.

I suppose, as with stems and seatposts, it makes sense to periodically
move and lubricate every bike part that's supposed to move.

--
- Frank Krygowski