Old October 13th 17, 04:20 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default FSA Policy

On Thursday, October 12, 2017 at 11:38:18 AM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
On 10/12/2017 12:59 PM, David Scheidt wrote:
jbeattie wrote:

:BTW, one thing I miss with my new commuter is a threaded BB. One of my partners bought a Scott Speedster Disc which comes with a threaded BB and all the bells and whistles for a solid aluminum commuter/sport bike. It was cheap, too. If I didn't get a warranty replacement, I would have bought something like that.

I prefer bikes with hollow tubes.

whaddaya some kinda luddite?

Andrew - what sort of anti-seize should I use on the aluminum cups in the steel bottom bracket? While I've never had any interaction between those two, with the talk about it and using copper anti-seize I wouldn't want someone in the future to have problems. I expect that my heirs will be selling off my collection and I'd as soon that it was junk going into someone else's barn.

The bike is really coming along nicely. I bought a Nashbar stem that has a sharp rise and it does put the bars in the correct position but it doesn't look very good so I'll probably change that over to a threadless adapter and threadless MTB stem with a rise more than road stems.