Old October 14th 17, 05:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

Default Bicycling & health benefits of?

On Monday, October 9, 2017 at 7:33:39 PM UTC+1, wrote:
Are you guys old enough to remember Paul Dudley White, M.D., the eminent cardiologist and father of preventive cardiology through exercise? Really cool guy who served as Eisenhower's and LBJ's cardiologist. He believed in cycling, but he thought pushing a big gear was a better than spinning. Oh well, every guy is entitled to one mistake, right?

I don't remember Dr White, but I remember Jim Fixx, the prophet of jogging. I went off him when I discovered that his idea of a gourmet meal was a hamburger. He died at 52 while out jogging. Not exactly a recommendation.

Andre Jute
Beware the fads: fashion can kill you