Old May 15th 17, 03:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Default So Long

On Wednesday, February 15, 2017 at 4:34:39 PM UTC-8, Davey Crockett wrote:
Well I think the time is right to bow out

Davey is now 80 years old and thinks it's time
to call it quits for rbr

So long to any who might still tune in here

--
Davey Crockett

Does being 80 make you uninterested in racing? My riding partner is 84 and he sure as hell is still going strong. At least as strong as me at 72 and I did a 55 miler the other day with 2500 feet if climbing including up to the Marin Headlands which includes 12% in places. And I was never much of a climber. At the end of that ride (the weather has kept everyone off of their bike for months) I was keeping up with the late 50 year olds. Of course that's not saying much because they were bushed too.