Old March 10th 18, 03:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

Default New bike path

On 2018-03-09 16:47, jbeattie wrote:
On Friday, March 9, 2018 at 12:22:52 PM UTC-8,
wrote:
On todays route, to Dutch standards through the middle of nowhere,
I noticed that a new bike path is constructed (about 3-4 km long)
along a quiet road. Even I was surprised that we go to this kind of
trouble.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/gAFqDSnOECBcxETP2

That almost looks like an American width path. I don't know the laws and
regulations in NL but California and many of its cities have rules about
that. If you build a road or part of it anew (tear out, re-routing, new
intersection and similar) you have to install bike facilities of at
least class II (bike lanes). If you plop down a major housing
development you must include class I facilities (bike paths or MUP) to
that. Which is great.

Lou

Wow, I guess that's what you get when you don't have to pay for
cruise missiles.

That's what you get when other people pay for most of the cruise missiles.

... I think we should conquer NL and take the bike paths.

Vladimir will do that after holding a "referendum", if he finds there's
Russians riding on those bike paths.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/