Old September 13th 18, 09:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Emanuel Berg[_2_]

Default Slow down rusting of chain

Andy wrote:

Use the bike?

You are not funny.

How about this one: According to the map, we
are completely lost!

Heck, I don't know what to use. I never had
this problem. I use chainsaw oil, before that
hydraulic oil. I use the bike every day, and
I keep it outside 24/7/365+1, without any
protection from rain/snow.

But if I know there has been a rainfall,
I re-lube the chain. Other than that I lube it
when I hear a suspect noise, or once every two
or three weeks or so.

Never ever do I see any rust on the chain, so
you, or anyone else for that matter tell me,
why you suffer from this problem and I don't.

It might have something to do with the
particular chain as well; mine is a KMC Z8RB.
I think it is intended for 8 piece casettes,
but it works fine for my 5 piece
Shimano Positron.

--
underground experts united