Old November 2nd 04, 12:47 AM
pam_in_sc

Matt O'Toole wrote:
Contact lenses! Or LASIK! When your glasses are so covered you can't see
through them, taking them off is the only solution. However, it has to be
really wet for this to happen.

I never could bear the thought of contact lenses, and my nearsightedness
is still getting worse (sphere in the worse eye is now -7, which means
my uncorrected vision is roughly 20-700) even as I need stronger
bifocals. Not to mention astigmatism (-2.5). I know they now have
contact lenses that can handle astigmatism, but after having the world
slope up on one side for two days when the axis of my astigmatism
prescription was changed, the idea of something that could shift in
position even a little sounds awful.

I can see through the water drops, perhaps a little better than through
fogged glasses, but it just isn't fun to ride that way.

Pam