Old December 1st 18, 06:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Tube cement, which brand is best?

On 2018-11-29 15:10, wrote:
On Thursday, November 29, 2018 at 9:50:52 AM UTC-8, Joerg wrote:
I've got a bunch of patch kits that contain yellow "Propatch"
cement tubes. On Sunday I had to use a kit, as usual for another
rider. We found the hole, sanded the tube, opened the li'l cement
tube ... phuffff ... only air was left inside. It was inside an
extra plastic wrap and all, didn't help. So we had to use my spare
tube.

Do you guys know a brand that is better and where a bunch of these
little tubes could be bought sans patches? Not so much for me but
for other riders because many reported similar problems.

-- Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

I have found that new unopened tubes last forever something that a
lot of Rema did not. Or at least none have failed in four years of
storage

Maybe this Propatch tube was just a dud then. It had the same puffy
appearance and feel to it as usual but when puntured ... phhht ... could
be compressed to full flat without anything coming out.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

I still have about 70 or so of those patch kits and they are fine so it much be something to do with heat.