Old December 2nd 18, 05:02 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

Default Noise from new Sunrace cassette

On Saturday, December 1, 2018 at 11:49:22 PM UTC-5, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 12/1/2018 9:24 PM, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
On Saturday, December 1, 2018 at 9:15:43 PM UTC-5, John B. slocomb wrote:
Snipped
(for those who worry about riding a bicycle from a boat to shore... it
is quite simple in a marina :-)

cheers,

John B.

You mean you don't have one of these to get the bicycle to shore from the boat?

https://www.startupselfie.net/2018/0...onversion-kit/

And there are these:
https://www.globosurfer.com/best-pedal-powered-kayaks/

I think it was a Hobie Mirage that I tried once. It was considerably
faster than our conventional kayaks.

--
- Frank Krygowski

But the thing I linked to allowed you to ride your bicycle to shore then pack away the kit that allowed that and then ride your bike wherever you wanted.

There are times when touring the backroads of Northern Ontario that I've take a couple of car inner tubes with me so that I could float my bicycle across wide deep streams or rivers I came across. Saves a LOT of riding to a bridge that might be 50+ miles away on a road that doesn't go where I'm wanting to.

Cheers