Old October 23rd 03, 09:23 PM
daveornee

Default 2 batteries powering 1 lamp / Vistalite Nightstick

scottshields wrote:
I have a Vistalite Nightstick system with 2 NiMH batteries. The system
comes with a y splitter that I assume was designed to power two lamps
from one battery. I've tested mine in the reverse configuration, running
one lamp with two batteries and it works however I fear I may damage the
bulb or reduce its life if I use that configuration. Does anyone have
expertise in this area that can offer me some advice?

The directions that came with my Vistalite Nightstick system says:
"Warning: Only use the Y-cord for driving 2 headlights with 1 battery.
Do not connect two batteries with Y-cord" I would rely of the expertise
of the manufacturer. There is no real benefit of paralleling the
batteries via the Y-cord. If run time is your issue, you should stop and
move the battery connection.

--
David Ornee, Western Springs, IL USA

David Ornee, Western Springs, IL USA