Old October 31st 09, 05:01 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Opus[_2_]

Default Hit & Run Mountain Biker Kills Pedestrian!

On Oct 28, 5:32 pm, Mike Vandeman wrote:
http://cbs3.com/topstories/biker.fat...2.1273313.html

PHILADELPHIA (CBS 3)
Andre Steed was run-down by a bicyclist on a Center City street and
later died from his injuries.

Hey Mikey, if you are really concerned about saving lives come read
about all the hit-and-run drivers in my blog and then tell me how to
make it stop. Andre Steed was the 2nd pedestrian killed by a bicycle
in the US this year, but we have been averaging 700 people killed on
bicycles by motor vehicles every year. Many of those were killed by
hit-and-run drivers. this incident has nothing to do with mountain
bikers on trails, this was a guy riding a mountain bike like object
(probably a BSO from Wally World) who ran into a pedestrian on a
crowded Philadelphia sidewalk. It would be like complaining about
people that drive Jeeps off road in wilderness areas because one SUV
driver killed a pedestrian on a NYC sidewalk.