Old January 8th 09, 03:04 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
GizmoDuck

Default 36er, handlebars and bike seat??

brycer1968;1137235 wrote:

Those of you with significant, larger handlebars or even aero bars that
effectively hold you into the saddle and reduce the need for the forward
part of the hour-glass shape of a standard unicycle seat, someone here
(I think that Sasquach-Saskatchawanin?) suggested trying out a bike
seat. I think this idea will only work well with a significantly
forward leaning riding position.

As per my thread on Road Unicycle Set-up, I don't think your position
is particularly 'forward leaning' or 'stretched' for a lot of people. I
probably ride with my back at the same angle as you, or even lower.

Many riders ride in that exact posture, but with short stubby handles
on their seat. So their hands are up against their crotch, not
supporting anything with elbows locked in flexion.

Think about it less as body positioning as it is about hand/arm
positioning.

|Filename: Riding Position.jpg |

GizmoDuck

The Induni Unicycle Tour 2009. Unicycle Tour of India. Email me for
details. www.induni.adventureunicyclist.com
The Uninam Tour 2008.....Hanoi to Saigon!!! www.uninam.net
The SINZ Unicycle Tour 2007....South Island, New Zealand
www.sinzuni.org