Old September 6th 19, 11:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

Default Sirect Mount Brakes?

On Friday, September 6, 2019 at 2:43:00 PM UTC-7, Tom Kunich wrote:
On Friday, September 6, 2019 at 1:23:36 PM UTC-7, wrote:
On Friday, September 6, 2019 at 6:16:13 PM UTC+2, Tom Kunich wrote:
I am seeing more and more manufacturers coming out with "direct mount brakes". Howe are these any different than any other rim brake?

Stiffer and more aero.

Lou

That's not an answer Lou, that is an attribute.

I can't tell by looking at them if they mount differently or are merely activated differently.

Direct mount to the frame -- thus the name "direct mount" brakes. https://tinyurl.com/y3z27ovg Some use a conventional dual pivot design and others use a more complicated linkage to make the brake more aero. Mine are the latter variety and have some nice features for adjustability and other features that make them difficult to work on, like clumsy cable routing.

-- Jay Beattie.